Sunday, July 24, 2011

Date night with Chan



My sweet Channing and I had an impromptu date on Saturday night.

I finished at the salon fairly early so I headed over to my mom's to swim with her, my kids and my nephews.  She was having a boy's night: she invited her three grandsons over to have a slumber party.  They had a blast too!

Chayce was at a friend's birthday party so that got me to thinking that Chan and I should have a date.



We went to dinner at Taco Cabana where my pickiest eater tried the chicken flautas and brisket tacos.  She realized that she liked them both.  BONUS!  We had mango tea, and chips with queso and talked about babies.  She even asked me to please have another.  I told her (for the millionth time) that I can't have anymore babies because my tubes are tied.  Her suggestion?  "Get them untied!"  Umm, I'm good...thanks though!



We then moved on to dessert...CULVER'S!  Double yum, I hadn't been there in so long that I forgot how delicious it is.  The lady at the counter got both mine and Channing's order wrong...we got her's fixed and I didn't realize mine was wrong until I started eating it.  Wrong, but still delicious.



After our dessert, we hit up Payless Shoes just to see if they might have some school shoes for her.  We walked in the door and we were handed a coupon for $5 off 2 pairs of shoes or $10 off 3 pairs of shoes...BONUS AGAIN!  We ended up finding two pairs of cute shoes, a ballet flat for $8 and a pair of slip on tennis shoes for $9.  We walked out of Payless with two pairs of shoes that I paid a total of $12.99 for!  Happy Channing, Happy Mom!!            

We then went to Ross to see if they had any shoes...we found a pair of super cute Skechers light up tennis shoes for $24.99.  This was an awesome deal as well because Skechers are kind of pricey in my opinion.

We had such a fun time eating and visiting and shopping together.  I don't get much one on one time with my kids and it seems Chan is always down the street at a friends house or playing outside.  I had so much fun connecting and sharing some great quality time with her.

I know you will read this Chan...I love you so much and I had the best day with you!!  I love your beautiful smile and your silly laughter.  Both brighten my day so much...you are a beautiful blessing to me!  I love you Bing!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment