Monday, July 11, 2011

My big girl gets baptized...

Chayce has been wanting to get baptized for years.  She is 14 and I can tell you for over half her life she has wanted to be baptized but I wanted her to wait until she completely understood the importance of it. 


Yesterday was her big day.  A couple of her friends were being baptized and she wanted to join them.  I have to say my heart was happy and a little sad.  I had wanted our whole family to be baptized together, or at least most of us but Chayce said she didn't want to wait any longer.  I completely understand...it would be a neat memory for her that she and her friends did something that special together.  It bonded them together in a way.  After we arrived, I was told that one of her friends would not be able to be baptized because her parents wouldn't let her.  This made me sad too.

Chayce telling everyone why she wanted to be baptized.


To Chayce's sweet little friend:  God knows your heart, He sees who you are and knows that you seek a deeper relationship with him.  Do not be discouraged, your time will come.  God makes everything work together for our good.  Romans 8:28     

My big girl about to go under



Washed by the water


Channing has been asking about being baptized lately, when she heard that Chayce was being baptized, she wanted to join in.  I told her she could wait, I want to talk with her more about it and have her do it at our church.  The pastor who baptized Chayce knows Chayce because she has attended his church with friends many times.  I feel like Channing needs to be baptized at our church, not to mention I have wanted to get baptized again, as an adult.  I was baptized in 7th grade and at the time in my life it had major importance, I was no-where near where I am today.  I'm still a work in progress but my walk with God has grown tremendously over the last few years. 

So Channing and I will be talking about God, her relationship with him and what baptism truly means.  Exciting times in our house!!!!        

No comments:

Post a Comment