Monday, August 23, 2010

A new school year

My 8th grader, 2nd grader and Pre-schooler


The day started out early, I got up at 6:00 am.  I had been up late both nights prior to this so boy, this really seemed early.  I made pancakes for my kids and to my surprise I didn't even have to wake Chayce up this morning.  I went to get Chan up and she shot up like a rocket...just sat straight up in her bed, hair all over her face, her big grin was all I could see.



Sisters...I know they'll be best friends someday.  
 
Chan heading into class

We all walked Channing into her class then headed to take the big kids to their schools. Everything went incredibly smooth and no one was rushed or stressed which always makes for a great start to a school day. Next year, my last baby will be starting kindergarten. Let me tell you, the tears are going to FLOW.



With the brother and the backpack





Parker and Chayce...I picked him up before school this morning so he could come hang out with Chayce before they headed off for the first day.  It was bitter-sweet, Parker moved up to high school this year so after we dropped him off my big girl's eyes welled up with tears.  I had a lump in my throat for her.  They will still get to see each other just not passing one another in the halls this year. 
      
One last goodbye...


Words of the day:
Camden:  "I am so excited for school to start!"
Mom:  "Why, do you miss Anna?"
Camden: "Yes, I look at the clouds and think about her." 

No comments:

Post a Comment