Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Uncle John

My Aunt Debbie, Uncle John and Aunt Kim

I cannot believe you are gone.  This afternoon, you were working in your yard and now you are gone.  Happy, rejoicing for you, you are with my Granny and my Great Granny.  You didn't keep your momma waiting long did you?  Terribly sad for me, my family, your wife and your son.  Life without you will be hard for them, for us.  You were such a kind, loving and sweet man.  When you were around, it was like I was breathing the same air as my Granny again.  As the years have gone by you look more and more like her and so it felt as though a piece of her was still here with me.   

I am so thankful for the time I got to spend with you.

You thought of me when James and I were getting our house and called me up because there was someone you knew giving away things from an estate sale; you thought I might need some furniture for my house.  When Channing was a little girl, she walked right up to you and sat in your lap because you looked so much like my dad that she thought you were her Pops.  We laughed for hours about that because Channing didn't just go up to anyone.

Thank you for inviting my Dad to go with you on your church retreat a while back, you showed him a wonderful time and gave him some special memories to carry with him.  I was so proud of how you stood up and played the guitar and sang at your own mother's funeral.  You and my Dad looked just like brothers standing up there playing together.  You were a wonderful uncle and I will miss you and your hugs so very much.  Heaven gained a giant of a man today.

I will see you again soon.  I love you.         

No comments:

Post a Comment