Sunday, February 13, 2011

A good week and an even better weekend

This is what your tub looks like with a little boy living in your house.



This is what a freezing cold outside, lazy day looks like.


This is what homemade enchiladas look like.



I had my mom take a pic of us before we went out

My love (aka Muff) and I got to have a kid-free date night this past Saturday.  I mean a REAL date...we got all dressed up for each other, went to dinner ALONE, and had a couple of adult beverages.  My mom kept the little ones overnight and Chayce went to her dad's for the weekend.  (THANKS A BUNCH MOM!!!!) 

It was so much fun, so much fun that I was giddy!!!  The first restaurant we were heading to ended up having an hour long wait so we decided to opt for another place since we were starving.  We made a pact that next year for our Valentine's day date we will most definitely head out for an EARLY dinner so we can eat where we plan to eat and not have to go somewhere else.  After dinner we came home to watch a movie on Netflix.  We ended up agreeing on Brothers with Jake Gyllenhall, Toby McGuire and Natalie Portman.  It was a good movie but we both were really disappointed with the ending, it was very abrupt.  I actually made it through the whole movie without falling asleep.  This rarely happens, it's a running joke every time we start to watch a movie.  Truthfully, I rarely can stay awake.



Today, we had a small family party with our Chan who turned 8 last week.  She got gift cards, money and a new baby doll.  That little girl LOVES to play with babies!!  We had a great time hanging out with our family.  We ordered pizza and I made a chocolate cake from scratch with a chocolate ganache frosting.  I have been wanting to make a ganache frosting or filling for quite some time and I thought it was the perfect time to test it out.  It turned out DE-LISH!!!  Everyone loved it and I was happy with it as well.  Chan loves all things chocolate so she was thrilled.  Chayce was at dance during the party so she didn't get to visit with everyone...it makes me sad when I don't have all three of my kiddos at family functions but life gets pretty busy with three kids so you just have to go with the flow sometimes.            


James' parents and sisters came, my parents came and all the cousins came as well.  It ended up being such a beautiful day here in Texas that the kids actually got to hang out outside some, riding scooters, playing soccer and playing on the swingset.  I even opened some windows in the house!  Can you believe it was below freezing the last two weeks and I had my windows open today?  That is Texas weather for you!


Just about ready to blow out her candles
Chan and Grandma
Vince, Amy, Chan and Pawpaw

Mimi and Chan


Mommy, Daddy and the birthday girl


Pops and Chan


For you Chan:

Oh darling, don't you ever grow up


Don't you ever grow up, just stay this little

Oh darling, don't you ever grow up

Don't you ever grow up, it could stay this simple

I won't let nobody hurt you, won't let no one break your heart

And no one will desert you

Just try to never grow up, never grow up


-Lyrics from Never Grow Up by Taylor Swift

1 comment:

  1. mommy,i will always be little girl!!!!and don't you ever forget that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)
    love you soooooo bunches



    love your second child
    chan!!!!!

    ReplyDelete