Saturday, February 5, 2011

Snow, "oprah" and other fun things


Well, we've been cooped inside the house for more hours than I would even like to count.  The good news: LOTS of quality family time, cooking, eating, hot baths and more eating.  Wait, is eating really good news when it's basically all you are doing?  I mean, we had big plans this week!  Celebrating a certain green-eyed girl's 8th birthday by having lunch with her at school and a certain 13 year old was supposed to have her first dance competition this very day!  We've been saved from boredom with Netflix...one of my clients gave us a gift certificate for three months of free Netflix and it is truly amazing!  No renting movies and we just figured out how to set it up through our Wii so we can instantly watch movies on the t.v. instead of waiting for them to come in the mail.



The kids only had one day of school this week due to the crazy arctic weather we've been having.  In all my 34 1/2 years, I've never seen anything like it.  So cold but so beautiful!  The kids and I went to lunch on Thursday for Channing's birthday, she chose Chili's and we WAY overstuffed ourselves.  Friday we went to Denny's to stuff ourselves then we headed over to the middle school with our laundry baskets to find a hill for sledding.





Lanie enjoys the snow just as much as the kids do!





James made a little slick slope so the baskets would slide easy and the kids had so much fun.  It was freezing cold but what great memories!  Especially when I slipped and fell when I was walking.  I landed flat on my back, even hit my head, which was something I had never experienced before.  I literally had to sit there for a few minutes because I felt dizzy and needed time to see if and what else I might have hurt.  Needless to say I'm a tad sore today, it seems as though the fall affected me more on my left side of my body...

On a happier note, I made snow ice cream!!!  People were exchanging the recipes on facebook so I checked my pantry and had all the ingredients I needed to whip some up.  It was a total hit, my kids were thrilled and LOVED the way it tasted.






Today I am cooking (again) a new recipe.  It's a spin on a chicken pot pie, but the topping is crescent  rolls instead of a pie crust.  It came out really well and oh-so delicious!  I LOVE TO COOK and I LOVE NEW RECIPES!!  Especially quick and easy ones.  I literally cook at least one new recipe a week, it's so much fun having new things eat and enjoy.  I think I might make bbq chicken quesadillas for dinner with the leftover chicken!       

Quote of the day:  (I may start posting these on a daily basis because Camden is turning into quite the comedian!)  For part of our lunch today we were having fried okra.  Camden was in the bath while James and I were eating and I hear him call my name.  I get up to see what he needed and he tells me "Mom, I would like to have 'oprah' for lunch."  THAT BOY CRACKS ME UP!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment