Friday, October 1, 2010

My Thursday night








Last night was an amazing night.  Warm Texas sun followed by a cool breeze blowing ever so slightly...all you fellow Texans know what I'm talking about, fall is sneaking in on us.

James got home early last night so we took a walk around the neighborhood and Camden sped up in front of us on his bike (with training wheels).  Bless his heart, he got a bike for his 3rd birthday, it's two short years later and he's just WAY to big for it now.

I decided that we should take his training wheels off and give it a try so Camden went in and got his helmet and knee pads.  What a trooper he was, although since he's too big for the bike, he wasn't that far off from the ground in case he fell which I'm sure was very reassuring to him.

I started out running along side him first.  I KID YOU NOT, on the third try, he was gone.  Like a pro I tell ya!  He was giggling with excitement, I was laughing and holding back the tears that were trying to escape from the corners of my eyes.  He's growing up...a rite of passage, the bike with no training wheels.  We went up and down the sidewalk several times all the while he's saying "I'M DOING IT!  I'M DOING IT!"  Yes! He! Was!  He was riding that bike with Momma and Daddy right there to see every bit of it.

Once I was out of breath and realized that this was a Kodak moment, I ran in to get my camera and got some shots of Daddy and Camden.  Camden did so great, never got discouraged or hurt, even though he did fall a couple of times.  He even learned to put both his feet on the ground to help him to stand instead of fall when he was losing his balance.  It was so much fun to watch and it brought back memories from when Chayce and Channing both conquered training wheels.

Bless his little heart, I am so proud of him and I can't wait to get back out there with him...enjoying the gorgeous weather and watching my sweet boy grow and beam with pride.

I love you Monkey!  You bring me such joy with all the love and affection you shower me with.  I am so thankful that God chose me to be your mom.  You are truly a blessing and I look so forward to seeing what the Lord has in store for you.                        

1 comment: