Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A sleepwalker in our midst


Our sweet and beautiful Chan


Ok this is SO blog-worthy.  We have a sleepwalking child, her name is Channing.  Thank God, seriously Lord, THANK YOU that she hasn't hurt herself or anyone else for that matter.

She woke us up in the middle of the night two times since school has started.  The first time, she came in our room, to James' side of the bed and woke him up to tell him that she couldn't sleep.  When he asked her why she couldn't give him a good answer.  We sent her on her way but before she left our room, I called her over to my side of the bed and asked her what woke her up in the first place.  She then tells me it was a 'bulldog brag.'  I thought this was quite amusing, you might find it amusing as well.  A bulldog brag is an honor at Channing's school.  If you are seen doing a good deed, following rules or directions or eating something healthy at lunch, you just might be handed a bulldog brag from a teacher or administrator.  This is quite an honor because when you receive one, you write your name on it and it then goes into a box for several drawings throughout the year for special prizes.  My goodness, you could get like, a million bulldog brags and it would be the greatest thing in the world to a 2nd grader.  No, not Channing, for some reason this 'bulldog brag' is haunting her in her sleep!  We asked her about it the next morning and she had no recollection of getting out of her bed so we teased her (and still do) about that crazy bulldog brag that woke her up in the middle of the night.

Last night, James and I were lying in bed watching t.v., it was about 11:00.  Here she comes again, waltzing over to daddy's side of the bed, steadily rubbing her hands in her hair and looking at us.  I heard her keep saying 'come here', but James said she was just doing alot of mumbling.  Either way, she was asleep, eyes wide open (same as the last time) and communicating with us.  I began hysterically laughing, I mean out-of-breath and crying because I was laughing so hard that she was sleepwalking again, though she never looked at me or acknowledged my laughing.  James took her by the hand, and walked her back into her room, tucked her back into her bed.  Once again, this morning she had no recollection of ever leaving her bed or coming to our room.

James said we always need to double check our locks on our doors since this seems to be the norm now.  I hope to have some more funny stories to share with you in the future.  I told James that next time she walks into our room sleepwalking that he needs to video her so we can show her how funny she is, it's truly something to see. 

     

No comments:

Post a Comment