Thursday, September 30, 2010

You know you've got a pretty good kid when...





My Chayce is your typical 13 year old.  Dirty bedroom, laundry everywhere, make-up all over the  bathroom cabinet, drama queen, forgetful, volleyball player, emotional, boy crazy, sassy-mouthed, girly girl...need I go on?


You wonder your whole season of motherhood whether what you say to them hurts them, what you say to them helps them, if they use their manners out in public.  You wonder if the discipline you give to them out of love is really paying off.  You wonder whether the morals and values you pound into their little brains somehow sticks.  You wonder if you show them enough compassion that when faced with a situation, they could show the same compassion to another human being.


I am not perfect, I am a sinner saved by grace through faith.  My children are not perfect...but every now and again I am shown God's love through my children's hearts.


I received a message from my daughter's volleyball coach last week.  She wanted me to tell Chayce that she was really proud of how well she played at the game and she was even more proud of the compassion she had shown to another player.  I also got another message the following day from the girl's mother, more encouraging words about my daughter:

    
I just wanted to share with you how Chayce reached out and gave my Ashley a huge hug & such calming words of inspiration at last nights game! It brought tears to my eyes & I just wanted you to know (as if you already didn't) that you have an amazing child.... I also sent Chayce a message too thanking her for her kind words. I just wanted to tell the woman behind the creation how touching it was to witness.

This made my heart so happy...to hear from not one, but two people that one of my kids was a blessing to someone.  I tell all three of my kids on a daily basis to be a leader and to be a light for God.    

This is my reward, this is was motherhood is all about.  This says "Hey Mom, you're doing an OK job!"

Thank you Heavenly Father that you live in my children's hearts and that they honor you by following your example when they are out of my sight.  In Jesus' Name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment