Thursday, October 14, 2010

Seriously?!?!?

I am tired.  I am sick and tired of many, many things.  This is my grouchy/venting/get things off my chest post.  Warning: This may put you in a bad mood, read if you dare.

I am getting fluffy.  I am eating, over-eating, indulging in sweets and candy and all things bad for me.  I need this madness to stop...for instance, last night after eating about 2 handfuls of Reese's Pieces, I made s'mores and I made the whole family sit on a blanket out in the backyard for a s'mores picnic...I know, EVIL!  BIGGEST LOSER MDO, WHERE ARE YOU?!?  If we wait until January, I will weigh another 50 lbs., I PROMISE!   

I wish parents would discipline their children!  Why don't some parents love their children enough to discipline them?  You are doing a disservice to your child and the rest of society if you do not teach them right from wrong or to fear authority!  That is what is wrong with our world today.  As parents, we are too afraid of hurting out children's feelings or inconveniencing ourselves...children need structure and boundaries and expectations...not to mention morals, values and rules.  Our society is steadily spiraling out of control, WE ARE TO BLAME.  Discipline your children, teach them to have respect for their peers and those who are in authority.  UGH!

Teenagers, what the heck is your problem?  Why all the doom and gloom?  Is life really THAT BAD?  Must you whine and complain about everything?  Must your whole day be ruined because you didn't get 45 minutes to apply your makeup?  Must you throw a temper tantrum, the way a three year old does because it's not cute and you certainly aren't portraying yourself in a positive light.  What goes through your mind that you are comfortable with doing inappropriate things at school?  Where is your fear, where is your faith?  What would you do if you got caught?  How would that make you feel?  How would your parents feel?  Where is your respect for yourself, for your body, for adults around you?  Why must you stand in the middle of the road when a car is driving down the street?  What would cause you to bring drugs to school and share them with your classmates?  WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO????

Dear 5 year old bully across the street,

I am so sorry that your parents are never home for you.  I am so sorry that you are home hours on end with your older siblings.  I am so sorry for the lack of attention you get because I know with that adorable face of yours, you would probably be a sweet kid if someone in your family gave you the time of day.  It makes me sad that you have to try to run over my kid with your bicycle or flip off the neighborhood kids because I'm sure if someone loved on you every now and then you might be a happier child.  I hate that you can't get along with any kids on our street and that your brother wrestles with you until he makes you cry.  I hate that I cannot let my children be outside when you are...we are prisoners in our own home at times because I don't want you influencing my kids.  I pray that someone would be an example to you so that you can have a chance at being a good and happy kid.  I have seen you do some kind things so I know that love is in your heart somewhere.  I wish things could be different for you because I fear for your future.  I will continue to pray for you in hopes of seeing a change in you.

Maybe a happier post in days to come?  For today, I am overwhelmed.
             

No comments:

Post a Comment