Thursday, October 21, 2010

Celebrity Hair Stylist



What?!  I was...well, for about an hour or so.  On Monday, it was a slow day for me so I signed in to take walk-in clients that day.  I was sitting in my chair visiting with another stylist when our manager came into my room and asked if I could take a walk-in.  I told her "Of course!"

I walk around the corner to introduce myself to my client and I immediately recognized his face.  

Back in the day, (my high school days) I listened to country music religiously...country dancing at clubs and all, not to mention I am a HUGE music fan anyway.  I respect all genres of music although these days my heart sings to praise and worship mostly.

The gentleman held out his hand to shake mine and introduced himself as 'Collin'.  As soon as he said his name, I knew it was him: Collin Raye.  I got a huge grin on my face and had him come in and sit in my chair.  After the client consultation I asked him if he lived nearby.  He said he just moved to a place in town and then I asked "Didn't you used to sing?"  He was tickled that I recognized him and from there on, we just talked about family, fame and music.  He was the sweetest, most personable person.  So down to earth, friendly and just genuinely happy.  He made my day!  It would be nice if he came back but if not, it was such a neat experience to have.

When I got home, I googled him.  I forgot about many of the great songs he sang...positive and uplifting songs.  A great Christian man, he still sings, still puts out an album a year he said.  He has a beautiful voice and a heart of gold...if you haven't heard of him here are some songs that might be of interest:          

A Soldier's Prayer
She's With Me
Love Me
One Boy, One Girl
Little Rock

www.collinraye.com

No comments:

Post a Comment