Thursday, July 1, 2010

A group date with Edward!!!! SQUEAAAALLLLLL! (My attempt at being 14 again!)

                                                          
                                                                    TWILIGHT MOMS
Me, Paula, Paula's mom and Paula's friend Lynn


Well, I bought my ticket on May 19th for Eclipse.  Such a prized possession it has been, sitting on my computer desk greeting me daily as I checked email or blogs.  Silly me, I only bought a ticket for myself, not thinking I should've at least bought TWO tickets but, anyway!  My sweet friend Paula and her girls are Twilight fanatics! (She's the one who told me when the tickets actually went on sale) They were nice enough to let me tag along, therefore I did not have to look like some psycho mother sitting all alone in a movie full of teens.

Anyway, Paula's girls along with her younger brother got in line at the theater at 3:30 in the afternoon to guarantee us good seats for the premier.  Us "moms" had a nice dinner at Gloria's beforehand and then met up with the kids around 8:30 and the minute we walked into the theater, they started seating for our particular showing (12:01 am).  We were the first showing to be seated, there were other people waiting in the hallway, I tried to get a picture but it didn't do justice to the crowd actually waiting.  Yes, you guessed right, we sat in a movie theater for 3 1/2 hours to wait for Eclipse to come on.  We had the BEST time, I haven't laughed so hard, well, I can't even remember when I laughed that hard.  Paula is a HOOT! 

We passed the time by passing around our phones and showing off family pictures.  We ate some sweets and took several bathroom trips.  Paula even busted out her music on her iPhone and went through the "colorful" list of songs that ranged from praise and worship music to straight up gangsta!  Even our neighbors sitting next to us were sharing tunes on their ipods, such unity with Twilight fans, I tell ya!  Paula even had to verify what "team" they were on because Paula and I, we are straight up Team Edward.  Luckily, so were the girls next to us, it was a good thing because Paula said if they were Team Jacob she might actually have to throw down!  I even found out that one of my high school classmates was in the theater next to me (via facebook), she is a bigger Twilight fan than I am!  Several girls I went to high school with were waiting in line at different thaters and we all we chatting on facebook over our phones!  It was so funny!  It was nice getting to chat with my NMHS classmate Melanie, so sweet and lucky too!  She actually got to preview it the night before it opened due to winning passes!  How fun!          

Spoiler Alert: (kind of)  DON'T READ THIS IS YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE SO YOU CAN MAKE YOUR OWN JUDGEMENTS.  I'm not going to give anything away.  However, I am going to state my personal opinion about the movie, so here it goes:

The movie was GREAT for what it was, action-packed and exciting.  I have yet to read Twilight or New Moon, I watched both of the movies (and LOVED them BOTH) and then I was hooked so I have read Eclipse and Breaking Dawn because I HAD to know how it all turned out.  I feel like this movie was lacking some parts from the book (which I hear is common), I felt some of the important scenes were rushed and it was hard to watch someone else play Victoria.  I am going to see it again on Friday, taking my big girl and going with some friends who haven't seen it.  Maybe my opinions will change after seeing it a second time, who knows.

Overall, I had a WONDERFUL time!!!  Thank you so much Paula for letting me come along, it was the best night out I've had in a LONG time!  You crack me up and are so much fun to be around!!  HUGS!        
Melanie and I met in the hallway for a pre-movie chat

No comments:

Post a Comment