Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Changes...

Today is Wednesday, two days after my mom's surgery for a torn rotator cuff. She has been in a lot of pain which in turn has caused major lack of sleep. She went for a check-up today and luckily the doctor gave her a higher milligram on her meds...she came home and was able to have her first peaceful rest. We are all thankful, being in pain and not being able to sleep can really do a number on your well-being.

I took the kids to the pool...for one, because they begged me and two, in hopes of getting out of the house so my mom could rest when she got home...we had a wonderful time. It was SO hot and the water had a nice chill to it, very refreshing. Camden has been swimming the last week with floaties on his arms, something that up until now he has been fearful of doing. He has turned into a regular fish, swimming all across the pool! Our Camden has grown up so much in the last three weeks, makes me happy and sad all at the same time. He is in underwear all during the day (and loves getting new ones), pretty much accident free (except yesterday when he couldn't get his pants down fast enough). The first night he was sick, he told me that he didn't need his "wellie" anymore. (His wellie was called lovie up until about 9 months ago, it then became wellie, which was in place of a pacifier...he would twist it and shove it as far as he could into his mouth and suck on it while sleeping...yes, disgusting but very necessary for him anyway.) He never took a pacifier, his lovie was his comfort item...anyway, he FINALLY gave it up. It was a heartbreaking three nights of him crying and asking for it at bedtime but well worth it in the end. I didn't want him to be turning 4 and still have to have an item to suck on.

I'm really looking forward to school starting, although I think I'm somewhat in shock that Channing will be in 1st grade! Hopefully Camden and I won't cry this year...her starting kindergarten was hard on both of us last year! Chayce starts middle school...her name in that sentence, it sounds so foreign. My firstborn...middle school, she's approaching some of the most memorable years of her life. I pray that God guides her and sets her apart so she can be used for His good and all His glory. Channing is looking forward to starting soccer as well, this will be her first year and practice starts the same week that school does. Between soccer, volleyball, and football games, all for the girls...I think I have at least 6 more months before all three kids will be involved in activities. At this, I am relieved but I know James is just beside himself that his only son will be able to participate in the world of sports very soon...the countdown has begun.

Here are some photos of Camden and his beloved "wellie"...









She's going to kill me for putting this one up...



Channing's cannon ball



Look at him go...no fear

No comments:

Post a Comment