Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Cakes...

Most who know me know that I enjoy making my kids' birthday cakes. It's something special that I can do for them and hopefully give them a cherished memory...if they don't remember but one thing, hopefully they will remember the love and the effort that was put into making that one thing very special. It's something my mom started out doing for me and it has remained a very special memory. It's getting to the point where I just need to go ahead and take a class because there are certain things that I just cannot do and a class would really help me out. I thought I would share a few of the cakes I have made on my blog. Enjoy!

This was my mom's idea but my decor...we put Chayce's head on a cut-out from a magazine and did a beach theme for her 12th birthday



This was for my friend's bridal shower


Channing's 6th birthday...very simple


This was my very first cake using fondant,it was beautiful but didn't taste too great, I need to learn how to flavor the fondant better...Chayce's 11th birthday







Made the zebra cake for my friend Taylor's birthday as well...


Camden's Nemo cake, I did this one freehanded so it was a little off...


A Happy Birthday Jesus cake for one of my MDO classes this past year


Miniature wedding-type tiered cakes for Chayce's birthday

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the zebra cakes!!! Please, please show me how to do that! Seriously, H's b-day is coming up and I'm making cakes for it. I would love for you to help me :)

    ReplyDelete