Saturday, December 26, 2009

Another Christmas gone


They said we haven't had a white Christmas is 83 years. I don't know of anyone who was alive the last time that happened, with the exception of my Great Granny, whom we just recently lost or rather whom Heaven just gained. I told my dad that I bet she would've remembered...if she were here I'm sure she would have told us that she was a little girl and she got to go out and play in it. It made me happy to think of her and at the thought of her probably being able to remember that. She remembered EVERYTHING, yes she did.

We had a nice relaxing Christmas Eve, heading out to church in what I deemed "A Texas blizzard"...it was so exciting to be driving in the snow. I love our Christmas Eve service, this was Channing's second year to sing in the children's choir. She has a beautiful voice and did such a great job!! When we got home, the kids opened their gifts from us and then off to bed they went anxiously awaiting Santa to drop by.










Channing came and woke us up around 7-ish, which is 'late' when considering my brothers and I would get up at 5-ish or even earlier sometimes to see what Santa brought us. I went and got Camden out of bed, although he was already awake. They had a great time looking at and picking through all the goodies that they received. It was a morning filled with noise, music, cooking and of course, picture taking! My brothers came over with their families around 2:00 for a Mexican feast...fajitas, grilled chicken, duck, homemade salsas and sangria! It's always a good time when we all get together, it just doesn't happen often enough.



1 comment:

  1. Channing did so AWESOME!
    Looks like a very fun Christmas :)
    Love you~
    S

    ReplyDelete