Sunday, December 27, 2009

3 new pairs of jeans + me = HAPPINESS

I just have to say Thank you Jesus for giving someone at Levi's the common sense to create the PERFECT jeans for someone with a curvy body such as myself!!!! From as far back as I can remember I have always had trouble getting jeans to fit me...I have curvy hips, a larger than normal fanny (even before I had kids) and a small waist. I had to get jeans that would fit over my hips but then I couldn't get them to fit my waist, there would always be this big huge gap at the back of the waist. I have always dreaded buying jeans and most of the time I avoid buying them altogether, it is a very stressful and depressing experience.

After MANY months of complaining throughout our marriage, my sweet husband took me out yesterday in search of the perfect jeans...perfect meaning, reasonably priced, cute and actually fit. We ventured out to the mall...I went to American Eagle and tried on four pairs of pants...all with the lovely gaping back that I am so used to and I came out with this look on my face. James asked me if I was about to cry, I told him not yet. I was about to go ahead and purchase them when he asked if I wanted to go look somewhere else so I mentioned Express. There I tried on 3 pairs of jeans ranging from $60 to $98, still none of them fit 'right'. We went into JC Penney's originally looking for some boots but we passed by some jeans on the way in so I decided to look through them. James and I went through and found my size and I took a few pairs back into the dressing room. I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT!!! They actually fit!!!!!!!!! On the tags of two pairs it read "Curvy" and it literally had a picture of what my butt looks like on the illustration!! The jeans are part of a line called "Figure Enhancers" and BOY ARE THEY!?!?!? It also states on the tag "No gap in back! Fits a fuller shape."

Levi's Curvy Bootcut 529's, where have you been all my life??? I am forever a fan, so much so that I may just write Levi's a letter and tell them how great their jeans fit me and I may have to send a picture of my butt in their jeans so they can see the evidence, so they can know that I TRULY am a believer in their product. I got 3 pairs, they were on sale for $29.99 each. This was the best $90.00 I have ever spent.

My dear husband, thank you for taking me on a quest to find the perfect jeans. Thank you for listening to me cry and complain over the last 8 years when I attempted to buy jeans. Thank you for encouraging me to go yesterday, thank you for your patience and for wanting me to model the jeans for you when I got home. For once, I didn't mind! I love you honey!

1 comment: