Thursday, September 22, 2011

Florida Vacation Part 2

We ate at Bubba Gump's Shrimp Co., it was pretty good but kind of overpriced.  We also ate seafood at Fudpuckers and it was amazing (as usual) and our bill was cheaper there.  I'm making a mental note! 

Chayce Gump

 I couldn't resist getting this picture!  

Channing Gump
Brother sister love!!

The kids were so happy to be in Florida, not much bickering or picking at one another.  Too much fun to be had, lots of swimmimng in the ocean, catching waves, searching for sea creatures, digging in the sand and of course baseball on the beach.  We literally spent about 6 hours a day on the beach (on avarage), it was so relaxing...nothing to do , nowhere to go, just sitting and relaxing.



Chan on the balcony, can you tell she just woke up?

Every morning, I would go out on the balcony and just sit and listen to my ipod.  It was so theraputic and relaxing, just watching the waves along an empty beach.  I miss that!




We had the most amazing breakfast at a place called The Donut Hole!  If you are ever in Destin, I highly recommend it.  It is super busy (because the food is SO GOOD) but well worth the wait.  You seat yourself when a table becomes available and you HAVE to get some donuts to go.  We ate breakfast there and then grabbed some donuts for the next morning's breakfast...A-MAZING!    




Here we all are at The Donut Hole

 

One of the MANY crabs we caught!  There were really no seashells in Destin so my mom and I decided to look for other 'treasures.'  We made a great team, I would find most of the things and then she would catch them.  It was so exciting and fun because we never knew what we were catching until she got the net up to the surface.

 
A spotted sting ray, it was in waist-deep water, partially showing it's body.  To me it just looked like two dark spots under the sand but this is what we came up with when my mom pulled the net out of the water.  We were so excited!!  




Isn't it amazing?  As you can see, it did not have a barb.  Some of us even touched it, I did not.


In the beautiful water, checking out what Mimi caught

No comments:

Post a Comment