Friday, September 17, 2010

Thrifting and Dessertapalooza


<>
Mimi and Camden with all of our sweets
 Today was a GREAT day!  For one, it was my day off.  Something I haven't had in over two weeks, a full day of just doing whatever I want, with whomever I want.

Today I chose to spend my day with my mom and my baby boy.  Mom and I decided on thrifting, lunch and dessert!  We hit a couple of thrift stores and I found a few treasures...a sweater, a bright and fun tablecloth that said BEACH to me, so I bought it to turn into some sort of window treatment for the kids playroom.  (The playroom that will be beach themed once I get started on it.)  I also got a pair of super cute cargo pants, an even CUTER denim dress in a SIZE 4!  Ladies, I am SO NOT a size 4 but I tried it on anyway and it's a tiny bit snug but I loved it so it came home with me!  My husband was gracious enough to snap a pic of me in my new dress, it only cost me $3.59!

Mom, Camden and I had lunch at one of our fav places, Chiloso.  I had tortilla soup because I knew we were going to be filling up on yummy sweets afterwards.  My mom and I LOVE a good dessert and I just recently heard about a new place that opened up in a city near where we live.  We trucked on over and each bought several things so we could sample a little bit of everything.  IT WAS FABULOUS!!  

At Dessertapalooza, you can pick your flavor of cupcake THEN you can pick your flavor of icing and/or toppings!  OH MY GRACIOUS, the combinations are a-plenty!  Today's cupcake flavor of the day was raspberry...can you say heavenly goodness?  I chose a raspberry cupcake with cream cheese frosting, mom got a raspberry cupcake with raspberry frosting.  We also bough chocolate mousse, carrot cake, italian cream cake, chocolate cupcake with chocolate frosting and cheesecake balls.  The decor was cute, and there is a GIANT beanbag chair that you can lay on and watch a flatscreen that hangs overhead.  They serve drinks and coffee and many more yummy deliciousness that we will have to sample on another day.  All I can say is WOW, everything was amazing.  I highly recommend you pay them a visit.  Camden had a great time on the bean bag chair, so did my mom, the pictures say it all.

There's just something about spending time with people you love.  We had a great day shopping and hanging out and the sweets, well they were the icing on our day.  But really it was about being with my mom and sharing our hearts.  Watching my son and seeing him share special moments with his Mimi...laughing as he digs in to a cupcake in his own sweet 4 year old way...laying on a giant bean bag chair with my son in a store with no one else around.  Mom, thanks for hanging out with me and my boy; just being with you makes for a special day.       
Thrifted tablecloth







Dessertapalooza    http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/13/1544613/restaurant/Dessertapalooza-Garland

My thrifted dress, I can't wait to dress it up with accessories!

Camden getting some Mimi love  


1 comment:

  1. LOVE that dress! I can already see it with one of your chunky necklaces & bracelets. It is going to be ADORABLE! Size 4, nice ;)
    Where is the dessert place?

    ReplyDelete