Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Terrific Tuesday



My parents and Camden on the lake  

My parents have a boat...joy!  If it's hot outside, our family is somewhere near the water...a pool, a lake, a sprinkler.  Today, the kids and I got to go to the lake with my parents.  I took my camera but wouldn't you know that I left it in the back of my car so my blackberry had to stand in for my camera, UGH!

We went tubing a bit, but mostly just floated in the water with noodles.  The water was a perfect temperature, cool just when you first get in and then comfortable from there on after.  We seemed to drift away from the boat quite a ways and thank goodness we were wearing our life jackets because we were exhausted trying to swim back.  Luckily Pops cranked up the boat and scooped us all up.  My legs were very thankful!

                                                                              

 Later in the afternoon we all decided we were tired of floating and docked the boat near a shoreline where we all could walk around.  It was nice.  Feet touching the rocky, sandy bottom and not having to swim.  The kids thoroughly got a kick out of it, searching for rocks and shells.  I was thinking the whole time what great practice this is for our two little ones since we are heading to the beach in July.  Camden decided that he was going to start a rock collection and boy did he!  Searching high and low with no fear in all the holes and cracks on and near the shore.  Channing was a little crabby after stepping on a rock and hurting her toe so she chose to stay in the boat while I searched for shells for her.  After a while she decided to put her flip flops on and give it a go herself.  I explained to her that the ocean would be very similar to what we were standing in, then she reminded me that she would be taking her water shoes to the beach. Oh, ok.
                                                       


It was a terrific Tuesday, I spent the whole day with the ones I love (minus my hubby, who was slaving away to provide for our family).  We all got a little too much sun, the little ones got nasty lake water in their mouths, we kicked our legs from swimming so hard that we were exhausted but what fun it was! 

It's days like today that make wonderful memories...

             

No comments:

Post a Comment