Thursday, June 10, 2010

9 YEARS



Yesterday, 9 years ago I married my love, James.  We got married at a tiny little bed & breakfast in (a small  town) Decatur, Texas surrounded by our families.  My dad walked me down the isle and Chayce was our flower girl. It was a candlelight ceremony which was beautiful but hot because they had to turn off the a/c in order for all the candles to stay lit.  We had a little wedding cake and we all went to dinner at a country-fied restaurant near the b&b called Cowcamp...seriously!  After the celebratory dinner, everyone left and we got the whole bed and breakfast to ourselves.  It was decorated so sweet with antiques and beautiful linens and there was even a huge jacuzzi tub in the bathroom.  We spent our first night there as husband and wife.  The next morning we woke up to have breakfast at a little cafe on the square of downtown Decatur...it was truly a Mayberry-esque weekend.

Yesterday, on my anniversary, I woke up to a sweet anniversary card in my jewelry box.  I love getting cards from James because he always writes something so sincere and beautiful in them, words that many times I do not deserve.  I worked all day at the salon and I had a mighty good day too!  I had 4 walk-ins.  I thought it would have been slow with the weather all yucky and rainy out but business was good.  Since the weather was yucky, James was able to leave work at a decent time and we were able to meet for dinner...kid free.  Nothing fancy but it was so nice, a night out for dinner...alone.  We came home and were able to curl up on the couch to watch a movie.  What a great anniversary it was, just reflecting on our day and being alone, that's what I call fabulous!

I love you muff!
        

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had such a great anniversary and day!
    Muff??? I'm going to have to hear the story behind that on our next walk :)))
    S

    Here's to 9 years! 2001 was a darn good year ;)

    ReplyDelete