Thursday, June 24, 2010

A day off, from the salon that is...


I woke up today and had to get our big girl out the door and on the road to Oklahoma.  She wanted to go visit some of her relatives on her dad's side of the family so her grandma took her on a day trip there.  She's on the road back home as I type this.

Since I had the day off, I thought it would be fun to take the little ones and join some friends for a playdate at a spray park.  Brownie points for mom, right?! 

About ten minutes after we got there Camden slipped and fell which left him with two "owies" on his foot.  He was ready to leave.  Our nice little picnic/playdate and he's ready to hit the road due to his accident.  I told him that we were going to stay and that it would stop hurting in a bit and sent him off to play.  Soon after, Channing came and sat on the towel next to me...just to sit.  Here we are, a fun spray park, lots of kids to play with and my kids are glued to my side.  What gives?  We could be sitting at home zombie-fied in front of the t.v. but we are out, breathing summer air and hanging out with friends...I totally don't get it.


After some coaxing, they would go off for five minutes or so, get wet and come back to me.  I love that they love me so much (really I do) but I had this dreamy idea that they would love to get out of the house and do something different and fun...with other kids EVEN!  Anyway, I THINK they ended up having fun, even if it was just a smidgen of fun.  Onto the next idea, I guess...      

No comments:

Post a Comment