Sunday, May 16, 2010

Ok, so I'm a slacker...

Not really, HA! It seems I can't keep up with myself. I really have no good excuse: three kids, a husband, two part time jobs, kid's sports activities, dinner, lunches, laundry...ok, I'll spare you every single detail.

SO much has happened since I last wrote! I've been at Rockwall Salons since February 27th and business is getting better! I have slow days and then I have days where I'm really busy...for these days I am extremely thankful! When I first began, I was so nervous and worried. My self-doubt and insecurities were eating me alive, it wasn't good. Keeping me up at night, having panic attacks if I had a color the next day. I can honestly say that I am settled and at peace. I know it may sound so trivial but this is something I've wanted to do my whole life and I want to be the very best that I can be. I am in a good place now and I only have God to thank for that.

Camden and Channing started spring sports...t-ball and soccer and as chaotic it can be getting them to and from practice, it truly is a joy to watch them grow and excel in sports. They didn't get their talent from me in that area...it's all James! Channing just keeps getting better, I love to watch her, she stays with the ball that girl does! And Camden, he's getting it, he's a fierce 1st baseman and that boy can run those bases...he truly loves it!


Channing turned seven waaaay back in February! My parents just recently celebrated their 35th wedding anniversary, not an easy feat I might add, not in this day and time. I'm currently planning our vacation to the beach, not the beach I really wanted but I'm trying to let go of my selfishness and realize that my kids will be thrilled just to be setting foot on sand and what a bonus to have an ocean right next to it. I know that this is the first vacation of many to come. I really want to give that to my children...vacations and good times to look back on. I want to hear "Hey mom, remember that year when we went _______ and we did _____, that was one of the best times I've ever had!" Music to my ears that would be, blocking out all the bickering and whining that seems to be a regular sound around our house.





Chayce was in her school's production of Grease this weekend. She was in the chorus aka singing and dancing. It was so fun to see her up on stage again, she said it made her miss being in dance. That girl glows when she's on stage, she has a comfort up there that I never experienced. I look up to her for that, her willingness to be vulnerable and the center of attention. I loved being on stage but never truly felt comfortable...awkward is more like it. We had a great heart-to-heart Saturday night, it was one of those moments that are so sweet and rare but I relish times like that with her. We are one, I feel, in moments like that...when she's listening to me. Her ears and heart are all open and taking in all I have to say...makes me happy to be a mom in those moments. Makes me think bout that Taylor Swift song she wrote to her mom...only I'm the one singing it to Chayce.

I have turned into a TOTAL Twilight FREAK! As my family can tell you...Camden hasn't even seen the movies but he can recognize that characters! I think Robert Pattinson is a beautiful man and I can watch the movies 500 times and never get tired of them. I read the last two books because I had to know how it all ended and yes, I've already bought my ticket to the midnight screening of the third movie "Eclipse".

Yes, I am PROUDLY sporting my Edward shirt in this picture!

Well, enough for tonight I guess. I can't sit here for another two hours to get caught up like I need to. My pillow is calling my name! Sweet dreams...

No comments:

Post a Comment